Please email me at eweifarm@msn.com with the fleece(s) you'd like and your zip code. I will get back to you with your shipping options. I take PayPal and money order/cashier checks as payment. Please visit often as I have lots of fleeces to post!!

Friday, July 5, 2019

I am working on fleeces

getting them re-skirted and cleaned up.
I am taking advantage of the nicer days to go 
through the fleeces from this year's shearing
that had not been handled since shearing.
There simply were not enough hours in the day.
And, until recently, I've not been able to stand 
with this ankle for any period of time. 
It still is not very long, but I can get a couple
done at a time and then I need to come in and
put it up to reduce the pain and swelling.


 This is a mystery fleece.
I THINK it is a Romney x Katahdin.
It has had its 'spine' removed due to heavy
vegetable matter and grain 'seeds'.
The staple length on the sides averages 7".
 It is not an overly soft fleece, nor it is a coarse fleece.
It would be great for outwear.
It does have kemp at the rear end.
I would use that is heels and toes,
or for boot socks.



It has not yet been weighed. 
I am waiting to have a bunch to do, and I will 
do them downstairs in the to-be shop where it 
is MUCH cooler! But, if you are interested, I can
weigh it sooner. Email me at eweifarm @ msn.com.

No comments: