Please email me at eweifarm@msn.com with the fleece(s) you'd like and your zip code. I will get back to you with your shipping options. I take PayPal and money order/cashier checks as payment. Please visit often as I have lots of fleeces to post!!

Sunday, January 27, 2019

Updates coming this week

Lambing has kept me real busy for the past couple of weeks, so unfortunately I've not had a chance to photograph any fleeces to put up for sale. I have every intention of starting to list fleeces again starting tomorrow. I have at least 20 fleeces sitting in my kitchen waiting their turn. A lot of these are from the last 2 years that I had every intention of washing and sending out to be processed. BUT, without a paycheck I could not do that. So, I will be offering them for sale to pay for the fleece that is already washed to go to the mill.

Right now 50% of all the fleece sales are going right back to the barn as hay and grain and 50% are going into a PayPal account to go to the mill to pay for processing. By the end of summer I anticipate having LOTS of roving available.

Headed to Zeilinger Wool Company next week will be white Romney and white Dorset/Romney. I am out of Romney for dyeing, and I am out of a number of dyed roving colors. Hopefully come early summer I will be healed enough from my 2nd ankle surgery to start dyeing again.

Sallie's Fen Fibers will be getting different wool to be blended with either Mohair, Llama or Alpaca. I have a drop dead gorgeous white Dorset/Romney with incredible crimp that is going to be blended with a young (1 or 2 year old?) white Alpaca that also has a great crimp. I have a Badger Icelandic  that will be blended with a black and white Mohair fleece. I have a couple of Stormy's gray Romney fleece that will be blended with the same colored Alpaca. I also have at least 10 black & silver Mohair fleeces, 3 white kid Mohair fleeces and 2 black and white kid Mohair fleeces that will all go to Sallie to be made into roving.

I do not believe that I will have any yarn made this year. If I do, it won't be until later this fall after Angora goats have been sheared again. I have colored Dorset fleeces to finish washing and what ever we get for dark Mohair fleeces to go to Sallie's to become sock yarn, and maybe some DK weight. I will leave that to Sallie and what the fiber 'tells her the weight it wants to be'.

So, please bear with me and keep an eye on this blog and on the Wool n' Ewe page on Face Book.

Thank you all for your continued support!

No comments: